To start the application process for NeighborhoodLIFT® down payment assistance, you will need to make an appointment to assess your eligibility for the program. Please read and follow the instructions below.
If you attended the launch event on July 29-30 and set up your account during the event, skip to step number 4, otherwise follow the instructions below.
Online Account Instructions Next Steps Required Docs
LIFT Online Account
1. To begin the NeighborhoodLIFT application process, you must first create an account.
2. When creating your account, be sure to check “I am interested in applying for NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance.”
3. Once you have completed the initial steps, you will receive an email from Origin SC in order to authenticate your account.
a. Within the email click on the “Confirm Your Account” hyperlink.
b. Create an 8-character password for your profile.
4. To log in to your account, click here.
5. Once you are logged in, select the “LIFT Quiz” button in the banner at the top of the screen.
6. Once you have completed the quiz and are determined preliminarily eligible, you will be asked on screen to enter some information about your current mailing address and your purchase property. Additionally, you will need to upload the following documents in order to schedule an appointment for an Eligibility Determination Session (EDS). Click the “Upload Files” button. Please upload the following documents:
a. Preapproval letter for a first mortgage from a NeighborhoodLIFT® approved lender.
b. 1st, 2nd and signature page of a fully executed purchase and sales agreement for a property located in Lexington County or Richland County.
***Don’t have a scanner? It’s easy! Use your smartphone to log in to your account and take pictures of your documents from your phone’s camera to upload them!
7. If you have not already completed Home Buyer Education through an approved provider, now is a great time to sign up for homebuyer education!
8. Interested in taking Home Buyer Education as an online course you can complete on your own time and at your own pace? Click on the “Training Center” tab at the top of the screen in your online account. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “View Online Classes.” Once you have clicked that button, you will be taken to another page. On that page, scroll down to the section titled “Home Buyer Education: America’s Premier Online Home Buyer Education” class. Now you will be able to sign up for your homebuyer education course. Click “Register Now” to register and pay for your class.
***Remember, a completed Homebuyer Education Certificate from an approved provider is required prior to closing on your home!
9. Once Origin SC has reviewed and approved the documents you uploaded, an email will be sent to you from Origin SC letting you know that it is time to schedule your Eligibility Determination Session. When you receive that email, go to the Training Center and proceed to the “My Appointments” section. You must COMPLETE your eligibility determination session 30 calendar days prior to your closing date. Failure to do so could result in a delay of closing!
***Please note, this appointment will not appear unless you submitted the appropriate documentation. Once Origin SC reviews and approves this documentation, you will be able to schedule this appointment. Origin SC will review your submissions within 48 business hours.
10. After scheduling your EDS appointment, you will be sent an email from Origin SC confirming the date, time and location of your EDS appointment. In the email will included details of the documents you should upload at least 72 hours prior to your appointment. You can upload these documents via the My Documents tab at the top of your online account (remember, you can log into your account via your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take pictures of your required documents if you don’t have access to a scanner). Click here to see a list of the required documents. If you do not upload these documents 72 hours prior to your appointment, your appointment will be cancelled. Be sure to bring copies of all of the documents you upload to your Eligibility Determination Session.
What Happens Next?
At your EDS appointment, Origin SC will determine your eligibility to participate in the NeighborhoodLIFT® program.
Once you are deemed eligible for participation, you will be issued a conditional commitment letter from Origin SC. A copy of this will also be sent to your first mortgage lender
Your first mortgage lender will submit all required documents to Origin SC 21 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sales agreement
If your NeighborhoodLIFT® borrower contribution was not verified at your EDS appointment, you must submit the appropriate documentation to Origin SC by logging into your account here and uploading them via the My Documents section 21 calendar days prior to the closing date listed on your purchase and sales agreement. Remember, you can always log in on your smart phone or tablet and use your device’s camera to take a picture of your documents and upload them to us that way! Failure to submit this documentation on time will result in a delayed closing on your home.
The following must be provided for each borrower:
Gross income amount for borrowers, including primary, second and part-time jobs, as well as overtime, bonuses and commissions
60 days’ pay stubs with year-to-date information for all jobs
Proof of any and all other income received, such as Social Security Award letter, retirement and/or pension income, unemployment income, death or disability payments, divorce/court decree for alimony and/or child support, etc.
Federal tax returns for the past two years (1040s)
W-2s for the past two years
Recent two (2) months of personal bank statements; self-employed applicants should also bring recent two (2) months of business bank statements
Current Profit and Loss Statement for self-employed individuals