Want to learn about building your credit, smart budgeting techniques, & homeownership?
Then this is the workshop for you!
This combination class covers many of the topics from the Credit Improvement, Making Ends Meet: Budgeting, & Intro to Homeownership workshops into one session. This workshop will provide you with the basic skills that are necessary to begin building a financial road map to a better future
In this free 2-hour workshop led by a HUD-licensed facilitator, you will learn about:
- Day-to-day money management strategies;
- Creating a budget;
- Managing credit;
- Avoiding identity theft;
- And, high cost payday advances & finance company loans.
- The positive steps you can take to improve your credit;
- The strategies to control your day-to-day finances;
You will also:
- Find out what creditors are looking for when you apply for credit;
- Learn how to manage and understand your credit report;
- And, how to dispute inaccurate items on your credit report.
This workshop can be especially helpful for potential homebuyers who want to learn about:
- Understanding mortgage products and the mortgage application process;
- Selecting a real estate agent;
- Obtaining homeowner’s insurance;
- Downpayment and closing cost assistance;
*PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED*
Looking for individualized sessions instead?
Receive individual, one-on-one coaching with an experienced, professional advisor.