Family Services, Inc. DBA Origin SC is looking for a creative, outgoing, and dedicated individual who would like to join our AmeriCorps VISTA program for one year. VISTA member will work to promote and build awareness of a local non-profit with a focus on financial literacy/education and home-ownership services as a one stop shop for potential area home-buyers. The VISTA member will work to develop and improve upon the new Financial Literacy virtual online coaching services, and conduct research to develop a donor based fundraising campaign and implement processes for evaluating and measuring the outcomes. The VISTA member will work in a team environment and will manage the outreach & community engagement responsibilities of the project, mostly focusing on coordinating offsite events, making connections with area employers to promote the program, and collaborating with community partners. Additionally the VISTA member will assist with some marketing responsibilities for the project, focusing on the development of ad campaigns and social media presence.
The VISTA will receive training in the financial literacy and housing counseling industry. Some travel is expected to local businesses, schools, etc. for meetings and informational fairs. The VISTA will be supervised by the Housing Operations Director & Marketing Manager at Origin SC, who will provide guidance and development on the VISTA’s professional skills and on day-to-day operations.
Interested or have experience in marketing, fundraising, curriculum development, outreach, community relations, media relations, social media, website management, design, or just making a difference? This position is for you.
Benefits: For information about VISTA Benefits, https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service
Relocating to Serve: https://www.vistacampus.gov/sites/vistacampus/files/VISTA_Relocation_Factsheet.pdf
Since 1888, Origin SC has remained one of the leading nonprofit human service organizations in providing professional financial and housing counseling services. Our mission is to empower individuals to achieve financial and housing stability through advocacy, counseling, and education.
Candidate must possess:
- Ability to analyze problems keeping the big picture in mind & proactively solve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work with diverse groups.
- Organizational skills & experience meeting deadlines.
- Some experience with Adobe Design Suite software
- Be at least 18 years old; no upper age limit.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Pass a criminal history and credit review.
The AmeriCorps VISTA member will:
- Work with team members and supervisor to plan and execute advertising that reaches young professionals, and low- to moderate-income community members.
- Build upon and improve upon the new virtual classroom & coaching services platform.
- Plan events and attend community fairs to engage and educate community on available service programs.
- Build relationships with local businesses, lenders, and other potential community partners to build awareness of agency services and promote “Financially Fit to Work” program.
- Find larger donors to increase revenue for the program, including a presenting sponsor.
- Find new funding opportunities for the organization and assist in writing proposals.
- Create and update marketing materials for promotion of agency and service programs.
- Evaluate and measure outcomes from customer surveys for future grant/donor opportunities.
Please note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to apply: https://www.vistacampus.gov/how-apply-americorps-vista
Program Start/End date: 08/19/2019 – 08/17/2020 Accepting Applications Until : 07/26/2019
Contact Person: Caprice Atterbury
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org