Under the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act 2005, all individual debtors who file for bankruptcy on or after October 17, 2005 must undergo Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling within six months before they file bankruptcy.
We offer counseling that accommodates your schedule:
Read our FAQs for questions on fees and waivers.
At the conclusion of Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling, each participant will receive a numbered certificate to verify completion of the course. Please read our Bankruptcy Counseling Disclosure Statement before completing the counseling.
1. What are the fees, if any, for this program?
- Online Counseling = $35 per household
- Phone Session = $50 per household
- In-person Session = $50 per household
All fees must be paid in advance of receiving counseling services.
2. Are there any fee waivers?
Households that are at or below 150% of the poverty level are eligible for a fee waiver or fee reduction. Income documentation is required. For more information, see our Fee-Waiver-Policy, or contact a bankruptcy counselor at 843.735.7818.
3. When is counseling available?
- Online: 24 hours a day upon completion of registration and payment.
- By Phone: By appointment ONLY. Please call 843.735.7818 or email us to schedule an appointment.
- In-person: By appointment ONLY. Please call 843.735.7818 or email us to schedule an appointment.
We are only able to complete the registration process during our regular business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Once online forms are received, you will be contacted by a counselor within three business days.
4. Will I receive a certificate?
At the conclusion of Pre-filing Bankruptcy Counseling, each participant will receive a numbered certificate to verify completion of the course. The certificate will not be issued until all paperwork is submitted and follow up counseling session is completed.
We have approval from the Executive Office for United States Trustee (EOUST) to issue certificates evidencing completion of a personal financial management course in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code. Approval does not endorse or assure the quality of a provider’s services.