Origin is dedicated to helping end homelessness in South Carolina. We assist hundreds of individuals and families each year to work towards self-sufficiency and financial stability. Our current programs include:
Are you having trouble paying your rent, behind on rent payments, or at risk of being evicted or having your utilities disconnected?
Be proactive by completing our online intake process to be connected to an Origin HUD Certified Housing Counselor to determine available options and develop an individualized plan for your situation. This service is free and will include a copy of a tri-merged credit report provided during counseling.
Completion of an intake application will get you on the path to determining your next steps, but never guarantees any form of financial assistance.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Click the APPLY HERE button below where you will be directed to our client web portal.
- Click REGISTER to create an account
- Once you’ve logged into the portal, you will be asked to provide information on what brought you to Origin, your income and expenses, your debts, etc. Please complete this questionnaire as accurately as possible.
- The client portal will save your information as you move through each section, so you can start and stop at any time.
- You will need to select FINISH following the Budget Summary section to ensure your application is fully submitted.
If you have questions or experience any issues completing the intake application, please email us or call (843) 628-3000 X1
This program provides permanent supportive housing to chronically homeless individuals. Participants are disabled and have been homeless for at least a year or four times or more within the last three years.
Origin collaborates with various community agencies to help identify eligible participants for Lease on Life. We help these individuals with housing, rent subsidies, budget coaching, and wrap-around services to help them remain permanently housed while they work towards self-sufficiency and financial stability.
PLEASE NOTE: this program is by referral ONLY – interested individuals will need to contact the Lowcountry Homeless Coalition (phone: (843) 737-8357; online: lowcountrycoc.org).
For more information, call (843) 628-2110 or email email@example.com.